Wednesday, January 1, 2014

BIG RED Smoothie


Happy New Year!!!!  Yes, I know...  I've been a bit MIA.  But, with getting married, working on our house, and getting a puppy - I haven't had much time to blog.  So - NO EXCUSES!  One of my resolutions this year is to post one recipe a month.  I know, that's only 12 posts... but this way, I'm sure to stay consistant.

In the spirit of New Years - let's start the year off with a BANG!  For anyone starting a health kick, try my BIG RED SMOOTHIE!  Recently, I realized that I'm not eating enough protein.  Depending on your weight, this smoothie can give you half your recommended amount of protein - not to mention VEGGIES and fiber.  I hope you enjoy starting your day with this smoothie!  Yum!  



Yields 1 large serving.  (I drank 1/2 before realizing that maybe I should share)

Nutrition Information:  178 calories, 30g carbs, 1g fat, 16g protein, 11mg Cholesterol, 89mg Sodium, 13g sugar, 4g fiber


Ingredients: 

  • 1/8 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
  • ¼ raw beet
  • 1 large kale leaf and stem
  • 1 handful Italian parsley
  • ½ medium banana (frozen)
  • 3 large strawberries (frozen)
  • ½ scoop Vanilla Dream Whey protein powder
  • Water to taste
  • Vanilla extract to taste


Directions:

  1. Freeze banana and strawberries – or fruit of your choice.
  2. Place all ingredients in blender (I have a vitamix).
  3. Blend together.  Slowly add water until desired consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment