Happy Be-lated St. Patricks Day!!! I hope you all enjoyed your corned-beef, cabbage, beer, potatoes, and more beer!
We are celebrating St. Patty's Day this evening with one of our favorite couple friends!!! We have corned-beef in the oven now... it smells SO good!!! Okay, okay... it's not actually in the oven, because we DONT HAVE A KITCHEN! Yes, we wash our dishes in the bathroom sink (ew).
Anyways, our dinner is cooking handsomely in our crock pot. To spice up the evening I wanted to make a green dessert. Last week we went to my father's avocado ranch
yes, I am an heiress to an avocado ranch... be jealous. We came home with WAY too many avos perfect life problems, so I decided to try something new... Avocado Mousse!
It's green, dairy free, gluten free, and O.M.G. AMAZING!!! I make a chocolate mousse cake for my birthday each year. After making this mousse - I am never going to make mousse with creme again. P.S. It's husband approved!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Oh, I altered Giada's Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe by adding mint AND egg whites. The egg whites make it fluffy and less caloric (and add protein)! I think I will use 8-egg whites next time.
ENJOY!!! Nom nom nom....
- ½ cup Semisweet Chocolate (Ghirardelli)
- 32 ounces Avocado (about 4 large)
- ½ cup Agave Nectar (or honey)
- ½ cup dry unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon crème of tartar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Clovers – for fun
You will need two bowls, a food processor, and hand mixers.
- In a food processor, mix avocados, vanilla extract, salt, almond milk, and agave nectar.
- Pour half of avocado mixture into a separate bowl (Bowl A) and mix in peppermint extract.
- Melt semisweet chocolate on double boiler or in microwave – cool slightly.
- Once cool, pour chocolate into food processor and add instant coffee and cocoa powder. Blend.
- In a separate bowl (Bowl B), whip egg whites and crème of tartar until peaks form.
- Pour half of the egg whites into green avocado mint bowl (Bowl A). Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour chocolate mousse into remaining egg whites (Bowl B). Fold gently.
- Divide chocolate mousse between 8 party glasses (margarita, wine, champagne, etc.).
- Pour mint mousse on top of chocolate mousse. DO NOT MIX!
- Add clovers if desired!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 22 g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 g||0 %|
|Sodium 132 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 681 mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38 g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||42 %|
|Sugars 25 g|
|Protein 7 g||14 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||31 %|
Stout and I took a walk/run this morning. I tried to get a picture of San Francisco in the background... Looked WAY prettier in person - but still an awesome day!
Later on, I found these two... just like this. Let me know if you can find Shaymus! Poor muffkin-boy!