Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Big GREEN Smoothie


Soooo.... How y'all doing on your New Year's Resolutions?  I'm not doing so great... so I've decided to write them all down and pin them above my desk.  This will help remind me and keep me motivated.

One thing I have been doing is trying to implement more protein in my diet without adding extra sugars, fats, calories, etc.  I'm actually trying to cut my sugar intake.  No, I don't eat a bunch of candy.  But... instead of having a grapefruit for snack, I might have 6 oz of non-fat greek yogurt (I like Fage).  Or... maybe a slice of turkey.  Protein seems to last a little longer than sugar.  Not to say that eating fruit is bad - I just eat a ton of fruit.

Anyways, this green smoothie is super yummy AND is so big that I have leftovers for after my workout or as my mid-morning snack.  Enjoy!!!  Btw... parsley is a great detox tool ;).


Yields 1 large serving (or 1 big one and 1 little one for later).


 Nutrition Information:  192 calories, 31g carbs, 1g fat, 20g protein, 11mg Cholesterol, 177mg Sodium, 15g sugar, 5g fiber


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1 large kale leaf and stem
  • 2 large cups raw spinach leaves
  • 1 handful Italian parsley
  • ½ medium banana (frozen)
  • 3 large strawberries (frozen)
  • ½ scoop Vanilla Dream Whey protein powder (or whatever you have)
  • Water to taste
  • Vanilla extract to taste

Directions:

  1. Freeze banana and strawberries – or fruit of your choice.
  2. Place all ingredients in blender (I have a vitamix).
  3. Blend together.  Slowly add water until desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment