Monday, March 25, 2013

Easy Rainbow Smoothie


Yields 1 serving

Nutrition Information:  79 calories, 10g carbs, 0g fat, 9g protein, 3mg Cholesterol, 31mg Sodium, 7g sugar, 2g fiber



What better way to kick off the week than with a refreshing smoothie?  With spring in the air and all the colorful flowers in bloom - enjoy a nutritional "rainbow" with every meal.  This particular smoothie serves as a great breakfast, second breakfast, or snack!

What is "second breakfast"???  Well, it all started with Shaymus.  I used to get up early and feed him right away, and when my fiance and I would make our morning smoothie (post workout), we would pour a little of the remaining smoothie in Shaym's bowl.  Since Shaymus knows the word "breakfast", we would say, "Shaymus, second breakfast time!"  I know - we're weird.

Anyways, considering I eat my Banana & Almond Butter breakfast at 5:30 AM every morning... by the time 9 AM comes around, after my workout... I am ravenous.  Hence "second breakfast".

Try this smoothie with any festive fruit concoction!  Honestly, you cannot taste the green beans.  Other great options are raspberries, blackberries, peaches - you name it! 

Ingredients:

  • ¼ cup frozen green beans
  • 1/3 cup frozen fruit (mango, papaya, strawberries)
  • ¼ cup Fage 0% Non Fat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon Dream Protein Powder
  • ½ teaspoon ground Flax Seed
  • Water to preference.
  • **add stevia and/or honey to taste - if you prefer a sweeter smoothie**

 Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in blender.
  2. Blend.
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment