Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tilapia with Herb Yogurt Sauce


Hello my long lost foodies!  With moving, a new job (well - both our new jobs), wedding planning, and just trying to put one foot in front of the other - I am WAY behind on my blogging.  Not to say that I'm not cooking... because I am... and a LOT!

So - I have like... um... no time.  Between workouts, job, commuting, Shaymus, and everything else - I just had to figure our dinners that both my fiance and I would eat AND that we could take to work the next day for lunch.  Ladies and gentlemen... please let me present "Tilapia with Herb Yogurt Sauce".  So easy, so yummy, so good for you, AND - fiance approved - wahoooooooo!  The best part is - that you can mix it up.  Maybe Monday night is herb sauce and Wednesday night is garlic, or dill, or BBQ, or whatever you want! 



Also, I find that pairing recipe with some veggies for lunch is delicious and perfect.  Just make sure to close the kitchen door before microwaving so that your coworkers don't hate you.  While I enjoy the smell of good cooking... some do not share the same appreciation while they eat their fast food for lunch....

Yields roughly 3 servings at 1-loin each

Nutrition Information:  127 calories, 1g carbs, 3g fat, 24g protein, 28mg Cholesterol, 78mg Sodium, 1g sugar, 0g fiber


Ingredients:
  • 3 Tilapia Loins (about 4 oz each)
  • ¼ cup plain yogurt (I use Fage or Mountain High)
  • 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Mustard
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon Lemon Pepper
  • 1 “shake” red pepper flakes
  • ¾ to 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
  • 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon Braggs Liquid Aminos (optional)
  • Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. Defrost tilapia.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients above together until mixture resembles a creamy dipping sauce.
  4. Lay tilapia on cookie sheet and cover with sauce.
  5. Wrap tilapia in tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Unwrap tilapia and check consistency.  May need to bake for 5 minutes longer so that tilapia is cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment