Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Balsamic Dijon Yogurt Dip

I'm pretty happy munching on any veggie, but sometimes I get SO bored.  I like veggies with mustard or garlic salt sprinkled on them, but I've been doing that for so long.  

I was craving balsamic vinegar the other afternoon while munching on some carrots, but didn't want to make a salad... and I wanted something "exciting".  I'm not sure what prompted me to grab the Fage Greek Yogurt and Dijon mustard out of the fridge - but I did.

And... I began mixing.  I mixed yogurt with balsamic vinegar and dijon - and added a dash of garlic salt and pepper.  YUM!!!  I was too lazy to make another batch - so I added some water - haha.  

This dip is awesome!  You can dip veggies or use it as salad dressing (husband approved).  I also made it for a dinner party - perfection!!!

If you want something more creamy - then eliminate the water (1/4 cup = 42 calories).

The best part of this dip is that there is protein AND tons of flavor.  Come on ladies... we need SOMETHING exciting to get us from lunch to dinner... and this can help!!  : ) Enjoy!


Yields 10 servings at ¼ cup each. 


Nutrition Information:  33 calories, 3g carbs, 0g fat, 2g protein, 0mg Cholesterol, 297mg Sodium, 5g sugar, 0g fiber


Ingredients: 

  • 1 cup Fage 0% Non-fat Yogurt
  • ½ cup Dijon Mustard (I like stone ground)
  • ½ balsamic vinegar
  • ½ cup water


Directions:


Mix.  Dip.  Enjoy!

1 comment: