Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Almond Butter Smoothie with Strawberries or Banana

Since I have been on this smoothie kick, I haven't been eating my usual Banana with Almond Butter... and... I'm beginning to miss my almond butter.

So, I tried mixing my two favorite breakfasts together - and YUM!  It worked!  I used 1-cup of frozen strawberries this morning, but you can substitute for 1/2 a banana (same calories).  I would recommend adding ice... if you want a frappuccino type smoothie.  If you want a liquid smoothie - just add water.  Or... if you have an extra big day, add 1-cup of Almond Milk for 30 calories (and a TON of protein and calcium).  Sometimes you have to look beyond energy level at the actual nutrition.

Please enjoy this nutty surprise!




Yields 1 large serving (or two medium servings). Nutrition Information:  229 calories, 24g carbs, 8g fat, 22g protein, 11mg Cholesterol, 91mg Sodium, 13g sugar, 6g fiber



Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
  • 2 large cups raw spinach leaves
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • ½ medium banana (frozen) OR 1 cup strawberries (frozen)
  • ½ scoop Vanilla Dream Whey protein powder
  • Water to taste / ice to taste / 1-cup Almond Milk (add 30 calories)
  • Vanilla extract to taste


Directions:

  1. Freeze banana/strawberries – or fruit of your choice.
  2. Place all ingredients in blender (I have a vitamix).
  3. Blend together.  Slowly add water until desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment